Creating a sustainable and ethical business model, particularly as a jeweller, is just as important as creating innovative work.
Eleanor strives to use the most environmentally friendly option within her studio practice:
- 90-100% recycled Silver
- Fair trade gold
- Diamonds from certified mines in accordance with the Kimberly Agreement
- Work bench made from sustainable wood
- Non-toxic studio chemicals
- Packaging made from 100% recycled paper and card
- Eco-friendly print materials
- Web and domain hosting with an ethically aware company
- Renewable energy providers at the studio SSE
- Studio recycling with Changeworks Recycling
Creating awareness by promoting this aspect of her business, Eleanor hopes to make people in general more aware of the options available to them as customers and drive for ethical sourcing to become the norm in the industry.
Please get in touch if you have any questions about Eleanor's Ethical Policy or want to know more about sourcing gems and precious metals.